If you have a native Android application, I would recommend you to use Robotium. Due to the fact that the project that I am working on is not, I have chosen Selenium.
Below are the details about the framework that I am using:
- Follow the instructions as mentioned in http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/AndroidDriver
- The method that I chose is Android WebDriver using Android Test Framework
- Therefore, the main thing you need is Android SDK, Eclipse, Android phone, and a USB cable
- Would be best to test on actual device instead of emulator because Android emulator is too slow and consumes a lot of computer resources
- The test only works for Android version 4.0 or above